Al Shifa hospital is in the centre of Gaza City. It is the central emergency hospital in Gaza. Everyday wounded patients stream into the emergency department. Human Aid UK has partnered with the Ministry of Health to support the Al Shifa Hospital emergency ward to improve the hospital resources and capacity. The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated places on earth with a total area of 365 km2 and a population of over 1.79 million. The ongoing attacks on Gaza is killing innocent men and women and will only increase. The air strikes, target houses, masjids, cars and farmlands. No discrimination is made between men, women and children.
- Poverty and unemployment continue to rise due to the siege imposed on Gaza.
- 80% of people in Gaza depend on aid to survive.
- Approximately 25% of the essential medicines and 52% of the medical disposables completely run out.
- 50% of the ambulances stopped working as a result of the lack of fuel, which further aggravated the hospitals’ mission
- 50,000 Gaza employees have not received their salaries for more than three months.
Source: Gaza MOH
Provide support to the Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza. Considering the health crisis in Gaza and its effects on the people in Gaza, most of the hospitals in Gaza suffer from the shortage of medical supplies and equipment’s. Our partners on the ground will document the delivering and supplying the project resources to Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza.